What says Fall more than a satiating and savory soup? Packed with beta-carotene and full of fiber, vitamins, and minerals, this soup has cancer-fighting properties and supports healthy vision and your immune system. Last but not least, this soup is low-calorie, easy to make, delicious, and healthy! Add a crusty piece of bread and you’re set!
Smoky Sweet Potato Soup
- 2 large sweet potatoes – peeled and cubed into 2” pieces
- 1 medium onion – chopped
- 3 cloves of garlic – minced 1/2 tablespoon smoked paprika
- 2 sprigs of fresh thyme
- 1 tablespoon oil (avocado, olive oil)
- 32 oz sodium vegetable broth – divided reduced-fat coconut milk – other
plant milk works well too. Rice milk doe NOT work well with this recipe.
Juice from one lime Salt to taste
Will need: quart saucepan blender
- Add the oil to your pot, and warm over medium heat. Add your onions and garlic, being careful not to burn the garlic.
- Add sweet potatoes, thyme, and coconut milk. Add enough vegetable broth to just cover the sweet potatoes. Turn up the heat and bring the pot to a boil. Reduce the heat to medium-high and cook for approximately 20 minutes. When you are able to easily pierce the sweet potato, it is done. Remove the thyme sprigs.
- Transfer the contents of the pot into a blender. Add smoked paprika and lime juice. Blend until smooth, adding broth as needed to get your de- sired consistency.
- Add salt to taste.